CHAPTER 1 General Provision
Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Notification and Revision)
Article 3 (Types of Services)
Wow! Taiwan Project offers the following Services:
- Information services: These services indicate the Internet services such as information service and e-mail service provided for Members through the Internet website (www.wowtaiwan.org) except for sales purchase related services.
CHAPTER 2 Application and Termination
Article 4 (Principle of Use Agreement)
- Only the Buyer who is permitted to use the Internet website (www.wowtaiwan.org) by the Wow! Taiwan Project manager is entitled to obtain membership and use Services to prevent any disputes that may arise in business relations between Members.
Article 5 (Application)
The applicant who wishes to use Services shall enter the information on the website (www.wowtaiwan.org) in accordance with the membership application form provided by Wow! Taiwan Project online.
Article 6 (Acceptance of Application)
- If Wow! Taiwan Project cannot identify whether the information entered by an applicant is true, Wow! Taiwan Project may request the applicant to submit more information and evidence thereto.
- The applicant who is accepted by Wow! Taiwan Project manager obtains membership as a member of Wow! Taiwan Project and can use the Services.
- The applicant who has been issued with an ID shall assume the legal responsibility for compliance with any contracts made and payments required.
Article 7 (Rejection and Suspension of Application)
- Wow! Taiwan Project may reject the application for the following cases
- The name entered into the prescribed form is not right or false.
- The information entered is false.
- The application is illegal or unreasonable.
- Wow! Taiwan Project may suspend the application. At the time of such suspension, Wow! Taiwan Project shall notify the cause of the suspension, period of time allowed to submit any additional information requested by Wow! Taiwan Project, or additional information or evidence needed for acceptance of the application through e-mail or other methods.
Article 8 (Termination of Use Agreement)
- Termination by Buyer
- Termination by Wow! Taiwan Project
- A Buyer illegally uses the personal information such as user ID and password of other Members.
- A Buyer posts obscene materials on the bulletin board or links to obscene sites.
- A Buyer violates other agreements or related laws.
CHAPTER 3 Protection and Provision of Personal Information
Article 9 (Collection of Personal Information)
- Wow! Taiwan Project may collect the minimum information required for implementing purchase contracts. The information specified in Article 5 shall be essentially included, and other information shall be optional.
- The personal information provided by Wow! Taiwan Project shall be used only for prompt and safe transactions, and shall not be used for other purposes. However, if the corresponding Member allows using the information for other purposes, the information may be used.
Article 10 (Offer and Share of Personal Information)
- Wow! Taiwan Project may use personal information(except for the information displayed on the Internet website(www.wowtaiwan.org) such as user ID, name, etc.) in other online sites directly operated by Wow! Taiwan Project for the following purpose of the collection; use, seamless service, and service expansion, which are mentioned when the information is collected, and shall not use the information for other purposes. However, if the data subject allows use of his/her the information, the information may be used.
- Wow! Taiwan Project shall not provide personal information collected to a 3rd party without the permission of the data subject except in the following cases:
- Seller‘s phone number may be displayed on the product information screen.
- The information of a Buyer is provided to the counterpart for product Q&A and negotiation.
Article 11 (Protection of Personal information)
- Buyer always can view or change his/her information.
- Wow! Taiwan Project shall make every effort to protect personal information, and a Member shall take proper measures to protect his/her information.
Article 12 (Storage of Personal information)
- When the Use Agreement with a Buyer is terminated, Wow! Taiwan Project shall stop collecting, using, providing the corresponding personal information and destroy such information immediately. However, personal information shall be retained in the following cases:
Article 13 (Change and Management of Personal Information)
- When the Buyer’s information is incorrect, Buyer may correct such information by him/herself or Wow! Taiwan Project may request to correct such information to the Buyer immediately. If the information is determined as incorrect information, Wow! Taiwan Project may suspend the Services until the information is properly changed.
- Buyer shall be responsible for the damages caused by failing to correct his/her information where such information had changed. Wow! Taiwan Project shall not assume the responsibility for such damages.
- Buyer is responsible for managing his/her personal information such as user ID and password.
- Buyer shall not transfer or lend his/her user ID and password to a 3rd party.
- If personal information is thieved or used by a 3rd party, the Buyer shall notify the information leakage to Wow! Taiwan Project immediately after it comes to his/her knowledge, and follow the actions taken by Wow! Taiwan Project to manage and protect the personal information.
CHAPTER 4 Disclaimer
Article 14 (Limitation of Liability)
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Services provided by Wow! Taiwan Project on or through the Internet site(www.wowtaiwan.org) are provided “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults”, and Wow! Taiwan Project hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties of condition, quality, durability, performance, accuracy, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. A such warranties, representations, conditions, and undertakings are hereby excluded.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Wow! Taiwan Project makes no representations or warranties about the validity, accuracy, correctness, reliability, quality, stability, completeness or currentness of any information provided on or through the Internet website; Wow! Taiwan Project does not represent or warrant that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the sites does not violate any 3rd party rights; and Wow! Taiwan Project makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning any product or service offered or displayed on the sites.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Internet Site(www.wowtaiwan.org) or Services is done at each Member’s sole discretion and risk and each Member is solely responsible for any damage to its own or to Wow! Taiwan Project’s computer system(s) or any loss of data that may result from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any Member from Wow! Taiwan Project or through or from the Internet website (www.wowtaiwan.org) shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- The Internet website (www.wowtaiwan.org) may make available to “Services” or products provided by independent 3rd parties. No warranty or representation is made with regard to such services or products. In no event shall Wow! Taiwan Project be held liable for any such services or products.
- Each Member hereby further agrees to indemnify and save Wow! Taiwan Project, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of any claims asserted by 3rd Party Rights claimants or other 3rd parties relating to products offered or displayed on the Internet Site. Each Member hereby further agrees that Wow! Taiwan Project is not responsible and shall have no liability to Members, for any material posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material and that the risk of damages from such material rests entirely with each Member. Wow! Taiwan Project reserves the right, at own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Member, in which event Member shall cooperate with Wow! Taiwan Project in asserting any available defenses.
- Wow! Taiwan Project shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), whether in contract, negligence, tort, equity or otherwise or any other damages resulting from any of the following:
Article 15 (Force Majeure)
Under no circumstances shall Wow! Taiwan Project be held liable for any delay or failure or disruption of the content or the Services accessed or delivered through the Sites resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond Wow! Taiwan Project’s reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, flood, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of 3rd parties.
CHAPTER 5 Miscellaneous
Article 16 (Related Law and Jurisdiction)
- Any dispute which may arise between members in relation to transactions shall be governed by the law and court set forth in the agreement made during transaction, and Wow! Taiwan Project shall not assume the responsibility for the dispute.